Quick and Easy Burgers
Jan 17, 2017 | by Lisa Reynoso
These burgers are so easy a child could make them! And so tasty a child would eat them! They can be ready in under half an hour for a quick meal, or you can make a large batch and freeze the extras for a quick meal on-the-go. Add them to salads, pour gravy over them, whatever makes you happy!
15-oz can black beans drain, rinse
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup dry instant oats
Toppings: i.e. lettuce, tomato, condiments
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash black beans with a fork or potato masher until no whole
beans are left, but there are still some half beans and bean parts left.
3. Stir in condiments and spices until well combined, then fold in oats.
4. Use your hands to tightly pack and shape into 4-6 patties.
5. Bake 10-15 minutes, carefully flip over, and bake another 5-10 minutes, or until crisp.
6. Place burgers on a bun and add your condiments and toppings.
Chef’s note: I make my own ketchup, using about half the sugar of regular ketchup. But if you’re not into making your own or are out, you can add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and a few squirts of lemon juice or vinegar. (Quick tip on the tomato paste: Freeze the leftovers in tablespoon-sized portions in an ice cube tray. Once frozen, put in a freezer bag. Then when you need 1 or 2 tablespoons of paste, you can thaw it out. Now you won’t waste 3/4 can of tomato paste in the fridge, waiting for the next recipe that calls for it! You’re welcome.)