Mar 29, 2017 | by Lisa Reynoso
Everyone loves pizza. Everyone loves pasta. Why not combine the two? This is super easy and as delicious as can be!
12-oz package of pasta (any type)
15-oz can chickpeas
½ red onion, finely diced
8 oz mushrooms
2 green peppers, diced
small can sliced olives
2 cups marinara or pizza sauce
2 teaspoons dry oregano
nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375°F (optional: see step 4)
- Prep the veggies.
- Put water for pasta on to boil, according to package directions.
- Spread the chickpeas, onion, mushrooms, and peppers on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-20 minutes, until chickpeas are the consistency you want. If you want more raw in your diet, only roast the chickpeas or skip this step entirely.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, and rinse.
- Mix all ingredients together, and sprinkle nutritional yeast or vegan parm on top. Serve warm or cold.
Chef’s note: Feel free to add in your favorite pizza toppings. Things like veggie burger, Daiya cheese, pineapple, sundried tomatoes, spinach, or whatever you like.