Mango Delight Oatmeal
Jan 15, 2017 | by Lisa Reynoso
Who says oatmeal has to be boring? This oatmeal is both filling and tasty! Wake up your taste buds with a this delicious take on a healthy breakfast.
¾ cup (6-oz) soy or almond milk
½ cup dry rolled oats
1½ tbsp applesauce
½ cup mango (thawed if frozen)
1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
1. In a small pot, bring milk to a simmer.
2. Add oats (plus more milk or water if you
like your oatmeal soupy), and a few
dashes of cardamom.
3. Cook until you have oatmeal.
4. Stir in applesauce and taste, adding
more cardamom if desired.
5. Spoon into a serving bowl and top with
mango chunks, brown sugar and a dash
Chef’s note: Some people are sensitive to touching mangos. They can usually eat them if they don’t touch them with their hands. In this case, buy frozen and handle with a spoon. Or just sub peaches.