Lemony Macaroni Salad
Mar 29, 2017 | by Lisa Reynoso
This is one of my favorite pastas. Simple, easy to throw together, tasty warm or cold.
12-oz package macaroni
12 oz raw broccoli florets
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
2 green onions, sliced
Lemon dressing (below)
¾ cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt *
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp lemon zest
½ tsp paprika
salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- While pasta is cooking, prep veggies.
- 2-3 minutes before pasta is done, add broccoli.
- Mix up lemon dressing.
- Drain and rinse pasta and broccoli.
- Mix up pasta, veggies, and dressing. Allow flavors to blend before serving. May serve immediately or chill before eating. Makes very tasty leftovers.
* If you do not have yogurt, you can make this vegan sour cream to use in place. The fat content will be a little higher, but nutritionally you can’t go wrong with seeds instead of an oil-based mayo!
Chef’s note: Rice pasta tends to get hard when cold, so if making this recipe gluten-free, you may want to make this an hour or two before serving and not refrigerate it. Or allow it to come to room temperature before serving if you made it ahead. When I make this at home, I use a food-grade lemon essential oil instead of the zest to really intensify the flavor and to save me time zesting the lemon!