Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Nov 13, 2017 | by Darci Horton
The holiday season is here. Pumpkin pie is one of the go to desserts. Why buy the canned puree when you can make your own puree with just a few simple steps at home?
✨Men, as well as women, need to understand the simple and healthful preparation of food. Their business often calls them where they cannot obtain wholesome food; then, if they have knowledge of cookery, they can use it to good purpose.✨ Ministry of Healing
- 1 small pie pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (400 degrees F, for a shorter cook time.)
- Wash and cut pumpkin in half. Remove seeds and set aside if you’d like to make roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray(or use a foil lined sheet for easy clean up) and lay pumpkins on it cut side down.
- Bake in oven for about an hour if cooking on the low temperature, otherwise around 30 minutes for the higher one. You will know they are ready when it’s easy to poke with a fork.
- Scoop out the insides of the pumpkin into a food processor and dispose of the skin. Blend until a smooth consistency.
- If you are wanting to use your puree for pie, place in a jelly strainer for a couple hours to drain some of the liquid. If you are wanting to use it in smoothies or your oatmeal, you can leave it how it is.
Chef note: Best to use this recipe right away, would be okay in an air tight container in the refrigerator for a few days, otherwise freeze it until you are ready to use.